disability inclusion through broader and deeper authentic insights,
participatory design and inclusive innovation.
What we do
- Inclusive customer insight
- Inclusive customer experience solutions
- Inclusion-led innovation
- Market research
- User testing with hard to reach demographics
- Strategy, brand, and policy
- Workplace inclusion
- Leadership and training
If you would like to know more about our services, we have a 3 minute video outlining what we do, how we do it and how this creates great value through inclusive research and design for clients that partner with us.
Open your brand to a wider audience
By drawing on insights from real users, we help you find the barriers in your customer experience for people with different needs. We then help you adapt your products, services or environments to better include these audiences.
The inclusion market is big
Accessibility ensures people with disabilities can use your products and services. Inclusive design includes accessibility and then extends it. It helps:
- People with disabilities
- Older people who may not perceive themselves as disabled despite having age-related impairments such as reduced hearing or mobility
- People with injuries or illness that create temporary access needs
- People who are situationally impaired, operating a device or using a service in an environment that makes it difficult to do it as they generally would. Examples of situational access needs include: operating a mobile device with a cracked touch-screen, in bright sunlight or in a noisy environment; using a ticket machine in a cold place with gloves on; or accessing an information service that is in a different language.
Inclusion is for everyone. We all either have current access needs, or are temporarily able-bodied and will have needs in the future.
Our power is people
Every user is unique. As inclusion professionals, we know we cannot anticipate every user need. That’s why we provide authentic user insight from a diverse research panel.
Our panel community is at the heart of what we do. It includes hundreds of people across the UK with disabilities and people getting older.
Our Panel Community Leads represent the main impairment communities within our panel and help keep us informed about issues and opportunities relevant to each.